Friday, November 19, 2010

Music Education

Music is a big part of our lives.  All of the kids take weekly classes at Beacock Music.  I appreciate the teachers, who are all professionals, so much!  We are fortunate to live in an area where such resources are available. 

Sometimes it's hard to say no, not when the things the kids want to do are so great.  Noah is in his third year of band playing trumpet, and he has picked up guitar this fall as well.  Emma is in both choir and third year piano.  Evelyn joined their ranks with the violin this year, after two years previously at Childrens' World of Music, which she still attends as a kindergartner.  Brayden gets to go to "school" too.  His Kindermusik class on Thursdays is just the right amount of time for him to bang on drums, learn fun rhymes, and dance in circles with friends.

Even if they don't stick with it, I know the discipline and skills they are learning from their music education will follow them for a lifetime.  Without homeschooling, I would not choose to provide them these opportunities (lack of time and money)--another blessing for which I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.